Last Update :2/25/2020
NGCOA seeks Director of Education
Director of Education
Our Organization: The National Golf Course Owners Association is the golf industry’s trade association, representing and serving the interest of thousands of golf course owners and operators around the United States. We are governed by a volunteer board of directors and have a team of 20 employees at our national headquarters office on Daniel Island, South Carolina. Learn more about us at www.ngcoa.org.
The Position: The Director of Education, an essential part of the NGCOA team, executes the NGCOA’s educational content strategy, which is designed to provide relevant and progressive content to golf course operators - and the industry at large - to aid in the success of golf operations. Primary responsibilities include serving as Editor in Chief of Golf Business Magazine, organizing all speakers and content at NGCOA’s conferences, and curating webinar and podcast content.
Work Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: 291 Seven Farms Drive, Daniel Island, SC 29492
Begins: Q1 2020 Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Person: The successful candidate will have robust experience overseeing and delivering excellent educational content. You can think strategically. You have fresh ideas. You have proven that you understand your audience and have delivered meaningful, relevant resources to them. You are no stranger to hands-on management of editing and production of print and digital content. Strongest consideration will be given to individuals with experience in trade or professional associations. The ideal candidate will have a fluency in golf operations and industry issues. You should also be experienced with budgeting, planning, and managing staff and independent contractors. Your resume and references must demonstrate success, and you must be able to confirm results achieved. You will supervise 1.5 FTE and work closely with all staff at NGCOA in events, marketing, membership, advocacy, corporate partnerships and the executive team to execute your plans.
● Oversee comprehensive curriculum based on educational and information needs of golf course owners and operators
● Manage all editorial functions of Golf Business Magazine, which includes 6 print issues per year, plus a new digital weekly news piece
● Administer selection process and on-site supervision of all workshops and general sessions at the Golf Business Conference, Multi-Course Owners Retreat and Golf Business RevCon
● Production lead for digital education, including webinars, podcasts, and educational content on NGCOA’s website
● Manage goals, objectives and budget for all education products and initiatives
● Oversee volunteer advisory boards related to educational programs and services
● Ten or more years of professional experience, preferably at associations
● Hands-on experience with print publication construction, proofing, etc.
● Undergraduate degree
● Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● Strong analytical skills and ability to provide recommendations based on insights
● Solid work ethic, and positive, get-it-done-now attitude
● Self-motivated enough to work alone, but confident enough to work with a team of demanding colleagues and member customers
● Budgeted annual salary is $60K
● Generous Paid Time Off
● Group health insurance and additional benefits
● 401k and matching
Contact: Submit the following to Jay Karen, Chief Executive Officer, at email@example.com:
● Cover letter (your email should serve as your cover letter)
● Resume attachment in PDF format only - limit to no more than 2 pages.
● Include writing, print or education production samples.
● Contact information for your last three direct supervisors
● LinkedIn address
[ More News ]