Last Update :2/19/2014
Virginia Chapter Expands Ė Maryland and D.C. Join to Form NGCOA Mid-Atlantic
For Release: Upon Receipt
E-mail address: DNorman008@gmail.com
February 18, 2014
Virginia Chapter Expands – Maryland and D.C. Join to Form NGCOA Mid-Atlantic
Glen Allen, VA – The National Golf Course Owners Association announces the expansion of its Virginia Chapter to include Maryland and Washington, DC, thus forming “NGCOA Mid-Atlantic.” The NGCOA exists to make member facilities more productive, efficient and profitable, through advocacy, education, group purchasing programs and networking opportunities. There are around 3,300 member facilities nationally, with headquarters based in Charleston, SC.
NGCOA Mid-Atlantic also announces the following new Board members:
- John Anderes, CGCS, Director of Golf & Grounds, Queenstown Harbor, Queenstown, MD
- Joe Q. Hills, Majority Owner, Blue Mash GC, Laytonsville, MD and Waverly Woods GC, Marriottsville, MD
- Keith Miller, PGA, Chief Executive Officer, Montgomery Country Revenue Authority (9 courses), Rockville, MD
- Rick Rounsaville, PGA, General Manager, Bulle Rock, Havre de Grace, MD
The group joins the following current board members:
- President – Mike Bennett, PGA, Vice President, Traditional Golf Properties, Toano, VA
- Vice President - Bob Swiger, Owner, Raspberry Golf Management, Leesburg, VA
- Secretary/Treasurer - Glen Byrnes, PGA, Director of Golf, The Golden Horseshoe GC, Williamsburg, VA
- Damon DeVito, Managing Director, Affinity Golf Management, Charlottesville, VA
- Mike Fentress, PGA, Partner, Virginia Beach Golf Management, Virginia Beach, VA
- Joel Gohlman, Senior Vice President of Operations (Mid-Atlantic), Billy Casper Golf, Fairfax, VA
- Mike Hatch, Owner, Acumen Golf, Midlothian, VA
- Phil Owenby, PGA, General Manager, Kinloch GC, Manakin-Sabot, VA
- Don Ryder, PGA, Director of Golf, The Homestead, Hot Springs, VA
Currently there are 95 member courses in Virginia and 49 in Maryland and Washington, DC, with a membership campaign now underway. David Norman serves as Executive Director, with the office headquarters in Glen Allen, VA.
“On behalf of our Maryland and Washington, DC constituency, we are excited to join forces with a strong established chapter in Virginia. We believe NGCOA Mid-Atlantic will be instrumental in growing golf and serving the industry in the region,” said Joseph Q. Hills, owner of Blue Mash Golf Club in Laytonsville, MD and Waverly Woods GC in Marriottsville, MD.
NGCOA Mid-Atlantic President Mike Bennett added, “We couldn’t be more excited to have the clubs in Maryland and Washington, DC now one with us. This will allow us to expand services and support the golf industry to a higher level.”
“We are very excited about the expansion of chapter services in the Mid-Atlantic,” said NGCOA CEO Michael Hughes. “I am impressed by the cohesiveness and collaboration of golf leaders in the region, and I am pleased we have a strong new presence, advocating on behalf of the golf industry in Mid-Atlantic.”
The expanded chapter will participate in key industry initiatives, such as WE ARE GOLF, a collaborative program of allied associations who visit Congressmen and Senators in May, sharing news about diversity and economic impact of the golf industry. NGCOA Mid-Atlantic will also collaborate with allied association chapters on projects such as economic impact studies (click here for VA study / click here for MD study). NGCOA Mid-Atlantic will also work with state tourism agencies in VA and MD to promote the golf industry.
[ More News ]